Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sportage saved my life

One evening in November 2004, I was on my way home from work. As I drove my Sportage out from the office carpark towards Kampong Baru, the sky suddenly turned dark. I realised that a heavy downpour was coming fast.

The busy road was jammed up with heavy traffic. I was stalled in the middle of the road. Incidently, I looked out through the windscreen to check out the weather condition. I realised that the huge and tall "Sena" trees planted along the road sides were swinging vigorously caused by super strong wind. I was feeling quite worried and uneasy over the conditions outside, and I prayed that nothing disastrous would happen. Unfortunately, my prayer was not answered. I heard a loud bang on the roof of my Sportage. Before I can do anything, I saw a big tree trunk rested nicely on top of the engine cover. The impact of the fallen tree was so great that resulted in the wind screen shattered and rain water started to sip into the dashboard; the rear door on the left was forced opened. and the Sportage apparently became lower due to the heavy load it carried then.

When I got out of my Sportage, I was shocked to see that the tree that hit on the Sportage roof was indeed a giant tree. A vehicle nearly that was also hit by the fallen tree branch had its roof totally smashed up. Thanks God. I was protected by the Sportage by its tough body and good safely features. If I was driving other vehicle, I might have lost my life due to the soft roof that might not be able to hold the impact of the tree trunk. Also, because of my Sportage, my car had prevented the nearby vehicles from being smashed up, because my Sportage had taken most of the weight of the tree trunk.

Thank you Sportage. You saved my life. I love you.




Right on target

Arrival of rescue team

Damage view from front/left

Damage view from real/right

No comments: