Monday, January 26, 2009

Mysterious Radiator and Fan

The broken radiator fan

The spoilt radiator

December, 2007, I drove my Kia Sportage to my usual tyre shop in Maluri. I have the 2 front tyres changed. At the same time, to have the balancing and alignment checked.

When all the jobs were finally completed, the technician drove my Sportage out for a test drive.

Few minutes later, he returned with a very unpleasant facial expression. He told me that something had happened to my Sportage.

I rushed to my Sportage, and noticed that there was water dripping out below the engine compartment. I open the bonnet. On inspection, I was shocked to see that all the 8 leaves of the radiator fan were broken, and the radiator was thus punctured with a big hole. Water started pouring out from there.

I queried the Technician who test-drove my Sportage. He told me that this thing happened while he was driving. He denied any mishap had happened while on the road. I wondered if he had told me the truth.

For my past thirty years of driving experience, I’ve not heard or experienced such incidence.

The technician who repaired my Sportage later also confirmed that he had not encounter such matter before.

Till today, I'm still puzzle with what had actually caused the damage.

The replacement of the fan and radiator cost me more than RM1,000.00. What a bad day.

No comments: