Friday, January 14, 2011

Tokyo Autumn Holiday - Day 3

3rd day, 22/11/2010

Raining the whole day. Our plan was to go to the Premium Outlet in Gotemba. From the hotel, we took a train to Yokohama Station, then change another train to Odawara.

On arrival at Odawara, we realized that we had overshot, so we took a bus back track to Kozu. At the Kozu Station, the cool weather, the hilly landscape, the mist, the calls of birds similar to Long tail Sibia, reminds me of Frasers hill back in my country.

From Kozu Station, took a train to Gotemba. The scenery from Kozu to Gotemba was so nice. Rivers were lively with swift flowing clear water. Hills were decorated with momiji, which means the red/yellow autumn leaves.

We were picked up by the shuttle bus from Gotemba station to the premium outlet. Good bargain, if not thinking of how to bring the goods back to Malaysia, I would have bought a tempting Nikon spotting scope cum tripod at a very good bargain.

Due to rain, my camera could not put into action. What a waste, missing so many good shots. My wife eventually bought only a handbag. On our way back to the hotel, we adjourned to the Sogo, which was situated just next to the railway station, and bought ourselves varieties of Japanese food for dinner.

Taken on the way to the JR Station

Near the JR Station too.




Efficient train service



Taken from inside the train





Misty



One of the train station


Autumn leaves



Another one



Shallow river with clear water


Another scenic view



I like the colour of the leaves





Serene



How I wish I could stay in there for the whole of autumn.



I was fascinated with this tree in Odawara



Lovely meal after a tiring day


No comments: